Heavy Rotation: Baauer, Keznamdi, Terrace Martin & More

Lost Kings and R3HAB's amazing dance floor-scorching remixes of Rihanna's Work, among other recent listens from Baauer, Jamie xx and more...

Welcome to the Show ft. Laleh (Adam Lambert) - Adam Lambert's power-packed vocals are all I need!

Temple ft. M.I.A. & G-Dragon (Baauer) - The perfect showcase for M.I.A. and South Korean rapper Kwon Ji-yong aka G-Dragon's rapping talents. Plus, the Chinese elements in the arrangements are just hysterical!

Grecian Summer (Classixx) - House music at its ebullient best!

On the Lips (Frankie Cosmos) - It's short, simple and ample proof that synths are the best thing ever!

Lump Street (Frightened Rabbit) - The third single from the Scottish indie band's upcoming album traverses a sonically electric but moody landscape. I am so ready to listen to Painting of a Panic Attack.

Gosh (Jamie xx) - My day is never complete without me listening to Jamie xx's impossibly rhythmic Gosh at least once. But when that's done, it becomes impossible for me to stop it.

Herb (Rihanna x Drake Work Ganja Refix) (Keznamdi) - Rihanna officially released four electronic remixes of her dancehall-themed Work yesterday, but this Caribbean-themed ganja refix version from Jamaican reggae singer Keznamdi is dope!

I Took A Pill In Ibiza (SeeB Remix) (Mike Posner) - Tropical House is indeed a craze these days, and nothing makes it more clear than Norwegian duo Espen Berg and Simen Eriksrud's remix of Mike Posner's I Took A Pill In Ibiza. Remember him and his Cooler Than Me? If not, you are not alone, for Posner himself admits this, singing, "I'm just a singer who already blew his shot/ I get along with old timers/ Cause my name's a reminder of a pop song people forgot."

Get Him Off Your Mind (The Sun Days) - I loved the Swedish indie-pop band's hazy Don't Need to be Them, and Get Him Off Your Mind navigates an infectious guitary arrangement more or less likened to their previous outing.

Think of You ft. Kamasi Washington & Rosegold (Terrace Martin) - When I first heard this song, my mind immediately went back to Kendrick Lamar. And I wasn't entirely wrong, mind you! Terrace Martin is in fact a frequent collaborator with Lamar. But Think of You is an altogether new level of smooth jazz that's so exquisitely layered it will give you goosebumps just listening to it.

Comments