Heavy Rotation: Daughter, Floating Points, Ryan Beaver & More

The week I surrendered myself to Conner Youngblood's surreal music!

Wake (Brothertiger) - My continuing exploration of synth music is reaping me with sounds and music I've never encountered before. And it can only be a good thing, like this delectable song from John Jagos.

Diamonds. (Conner Youngblood) - Stockholm, The Birds of Finland, and now Diamonds.! Conner Youngblood's percussion-heavy third single from his forthcoming EP The Generation of Lift is very different and still so wonderfully intoxicating.

Doing the Right Thing (Daughter) - Elena Tonra's beautifully affecting vocals takes centre stage in this guitary melody.

Nespole (Floating Points aka Sam Shepherd) - An instantly likeable woozy instrumental that's utterly transcendent!

Boogie Waltzer (Habitats) - Euphoric dance track, with the drums providing the perfect rhythm!

Your Body ft. Giorgio Moroder (Kylie Minogue + Fernando Garibay) - The Can't Get You Out of My Head singer belts out a trancey europop number in her latest collaboration with Garibay.

California Paranoia (Lawrence Rothman) - The orchestration is very Lana Del Rey, but it's dreamy nevertheless.

Bring Some (Man Made) - Those guitars!

Dark (Ryan Beaver) - I used to be a country music fan at one point, but somehow the genre no longer appeals to me. Not sure if it's due to the popification. So you can imagine my surprise when I heard Ryan Beaver's Dark. Packed with nifty banjos and an anthemic chorus, the song is just fantabulous.

Boys Life (Small Black) - It's impossible not to like Boys Life, what a gorgeously crafted slice of synthpop!

Not Letting Go ft. Jess Glynne (Tinie Tempah) - The last Tinie Tempah single I enjoyed listening to was Written in the Stars, but if Not Letting Go is any yardstick, he has made a comeback of sorts.

Perennial ft. Shy Girls (Wrestlers) - Hip-hop gets an electronic makeover and how!

Ready to Shine (Young Galaxy) - Bouncy. Check. Groovy. Check. Infectious. Check. What more do you need?

Comments