Heavy Rotation: Kolidescopes, Lady Gaga, SPELLES & More

Ellie Goulding's Something In The Way You Move is way too similar to Love Me Like You Do, only more mainstream, while Selena Gomez is sick and tired of Same Old Love. But here's some of my favourites this week...

Another Lonely Night (Adam Lambert) - Oh, how I love Adam Lambert's jaw-droppingly beautiful voice! He is easily one of the best singers around, and it sounds as if Another Lonely Night was composed keeping him in mind. The tune opens on a soft, poignant note, only to build into an epic crescendo of sorts, in trademark Lambert style.

Cara Mia, WorkX2 (Annie) - From the crooner of Anthonio and Songs Remind Me of You comes some of the most ebullient dance-floor bangers to hit this year, and an instant addiction of the highest order!

Coco Jamboo (Mr. President) - There are songs that one might be tempted to call as annoyingly catchy (I am looking at you, Hey, Soul Sister), but then there are also ones that are genuinely so. Case in example, Coco Jamboo, a lethal combination of eurodance and reggae, and irresistibly catchy.

Happiest Man on Earth (Broken Back aka Jérôme Fagnet) - Folk meets electronica in a captivating melody - something like a Riptide remix.

Weave (Foxing) - Soft and pleasant on the ears, St. Louis based indie band Foxing weaves an utterly delightful listen in Weave.

Imagine (John Lennon) - My absolute favourite of all time from the Beatles band member, and the lyrics are alarmingly prescient.

Back to You (Kolidescopes) - So smooth! And love that humming...

I Want Your Love (Chic Cover) (Lady Gaga) - Chic's classic disco track gets a Lady Gaga makeover for fashion label Tom Ford's 2016 spring/summer collection, and it's bloody infectious!

Phyllis (Lettuce) - Guitars, trumpets and saxophones against a hip-hop setting? Bring it on!

The Glitzy Hive (Neon Indian) - More funky, if along the lines of Slumlord.

I'm In Love With My Life (Eau Claire Remix) (PHASES) - I have made my displeasure with remixes quite obvious several time before, but this one I must say is sick.

Wild Heart (SPELLES) - Ambient and moody are the words that come to my mind when I listen to Wild Heart. Kathyrn Baar without doubt has a bewitching voice.

Marie Anne (Wet Baes) - Trance-like and very sensuous!

Comments