Book Review: The Midnight Line

I really wish it didn't end this way but I guess all good things must come to an end. Because there is no other way to put it out in the open: The Midnight Line is the most godawful book I have read in a while. Indications that this series was going downhill were there for all to see, yet, like a clueless reader, I picked up Lee Child's latest thriller featuring Jack Reacher, partly out of habit and partly out of curiosity. Suffice to say, as much as I regret reading this tiresome plod through a lousy story about opiate wars and wounded veterans, I hate myself more for mustering the will to finish the book, spending what now feels like countless hours that I will never get back. Lee Child, you either need to kill Jack Reacher or go back to the drawing board. What a disappointment!

Comments