Listen: Fleet Foxes' "Third of May / Ōdaigahara"

After years of desperate waiting, I am happy to report that Fleet Foxes is back. And it's exactly what as you would expect, a signature Fleet Foxes song called Third of May / Ōdaigahara - a sweet, disarming harmonious melody from their soon-to-be-released (06/16) album Crack-Up. As for the inspiration behind their new sonic outing, band frontman Robin Pecknold had this to say (via Pitchfork) -


"Beyond that, there are themes in the essay that come up a lot on the album, both lyrically and musically. The essay addresses the necessity of holding two opposing thoughts in one's mind at once, in the 'I can't go on/I must go on' sense. I've struggled at times with finding a solid, objective reason to live, or I should say I've struggled with the notion of needing an airtight reason—almost anything you cling to can be explained away with logic in one way or another if you’re crafty enough. So that has meant coming around to making my own meaning, and finding meaning in connection to other people."

Comments