Book Review: I Know a Secret

I Know a Secret
It's been a while since I have read a Tess Gerritsen novel. Five years to be honest. But I needn't have worried about her going away or something. For I Know a Secret, twelfth in the acclaimed Rizzoli and Isles series, is ample proof that she hasn't still lost her Midas touch when it comes to twisty medical thrillers. The set-up is eerily inviting, opening with a random fire accident that leaves one person dead (but we know it will be relevant to the plot later) and then moving on to execution style murders of a horror-film producer and an unmarried accountant. Needles to say, Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles are stumped by the grotesque modus operandi and the singular lack of motive connecting all the victims, until a chilling clue from the past becomes the key to unlocking the mystery behind the murders. A dark, disturbing thriller, I Know a Secret is the kind of book that, once you start, can be put down only after you are done reading it. It's that exciting and that much more adrenaline-pumping. Not to be missed!

Comments