Heavy Rotation: Gallant, Prince Rama, Rihanna & More

I have been listening to Rihanna's ANTI and ANTI only ever since it dropped on Apple Music yesterday... And I'm so far loving the more-confident-than-ever, aggressive, DGAF attitude of hers that becomes pretty evident when she declares "I'm tired of being played like a violin", and "I got to do things my own way darling..." We got you, RiRi!

Skipping Stones ft. Jhene Aiko (Gallant) - How can a duet sound this retro and soulful at the same time?

Let It Fall (Keeping Time) (Keeps) - I just loved Keeps' hazy I Don't Mind, and Let It Fall more or less follows a similar dreamy route to bliss.

I Feel The Weight (Miike Snow) - Soft, pensive synthy melody from Swedish pop trio Miike Snow.

Slip Into Nevermore (Prince Rama) - That ethereal harmony is simply other-wordly!

New Person, Same Old Mistakes/Same 'Ol Mistakes (Tame Impala, Rihanna) - The dark, wispy feels that both Kevin Parker and Rihanna lend to the trippy song is undeniable. What's more, I am so happy Rihanna acknowledged the monumental brilliance of New Person..., so much so that she barely retouched it when covering it! Here's to my new orgasmic jam!

Goodnight Gotham (Florence Welch/Rihanna)* - As if shocking her fans with a (faithful) Tame Impala cover wasn't enough, Rihanna has managed to up the game with a rework of Florence + the Machine's goosebump-inducing Only If For A Night called Goodnight Gotham. While the song doesn't feature RiRi's vocals per se, it samples Florence Welch singing the hook against a glitchy sick beat set to tune by hip-hop artist MITUS. MITUS has clarified in a tweet that both Rihanna and Welch sampled the hook and that their voices were then layered together. It's crisp, short, a "repeat trap" and an addiction of the highest order. You've been warned!

Kisser (Step Rockets) - Where had this song been all this time? Colour me surprised!

*If the song sounds familiar to you, chances are that you've been closely watching Rihanna's movements last year, for it served as the music for Christian Dior's ad Secret Garden 4 starring the singer, and also her ANTI diaRy Room 2 promo.

Comments