Heavy Rotation: Neon Indian, Tame Impala, Wild Nothing & More

Have been listening to a lot of electronic music these days (more than the usual), and here's some of the best from Adam Lambert, Tame Impala, Neon Indian, Washed Out and Wild Nothing...

Ghost Town (Adam Lambert) - The transition from a guitary ballad to EDM is seamless, and needless to say Adam Lambert's vocals are epic.

Something Better (Audien ft. Lady Antebellum) - Never ever in my wildest dreams had I imagined Lady Antebellum to be making EDM music, but here they are, Hilary Scott and Charles Kelley singing in perfect vocal harmony amidst Audien's catchy electronic beats. Love that hook too, which in a way reminds one of Avicii's Wake Me Up.

Holocene (Bon Iver) - An absolute bliss of a folk song, ethereal and sublime!

Wide Open (The Chemical Brothers) - I am yet to fully catch up with the EDM duo's latest album in five years Born in the Echoes, but Wide Open oozes electronic goodness, while making for an ear-pleasing listen.

Bang My Head (David Guetta ft. Sia) - The French DJ's Without You (ft. Usher) was indubitably melodious, but it was Sia who completely stole the show with Titanium. The same can be said of their latest anthemic collaboration Bang My Head.

How to Save a Life (The Fray) - Where did I go wrong?/ I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness/ And I would have stayed up with you all night/ Had I known how to save a life... One of those beautiful heart-touching songs that never gets old.

Pyro, Sex on Fire, Use Somebody (Kings of Leon) - The three songs that I was addicted to for months together back in 2011-12 (I still am!). Pyro borders on heavenly!

Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson) - MJ has a ton of great songs, Billie Jean, Beat It, Black or White, They Don't Care About Us, The Way You Make Me Feel, Thriller, Rock With You, Off the Wall, Jam, Who Is It and many more, but Smooth Criminal (along with Prince's When Doves Cry) is my jam. I am yet to encounter a song so cinematic, exhilarating and thrilling as this one.

Polish Girl (Neon Indian) - I never knew I had such an insatiable appetite for synthpop. I thought I was more into soft, mellow pieces, but synth and psychedelia has exposed me to a whole new hitherto unknown expanse that's equally melodic and serene, if not better. Polish Girl is more like chillwave, but God what an addictive song!

Cream on Chrome, Magnifique, Countach, I Will Return (Ratatat) - Ratatat's newest album Magnifique is out, and I love these four songs in particular. They are funky, groovy and catchy as hell.

The Less I Know the Better, 'Cause I'm a Man, Yes I'm Changing, Let It Happen, Eventually, New Person, Same Old Mistakes, The Moment (Tame Impala) - Tame Impala's Currents is nothing but electrifying and mind-altering, and I guarantee you will find yourself losing touch with reality. Psychedelia has never been this trippy and woozy!

Feel It All Around (Washed Out) - Ernest Greene's Feel It All Around is such a chill tune, I am unable to feel anything, except the hallucinatory music that is.

Shadow (Wild Nothing) - Dreamy and hypnotic, that's what Shadow is. And those guitars, damn!

Comments